Sar Pass Trekfrom
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping, Guided Tours, Trekking
Activity Level Leisurely
Sar Pass Trek is by far one of the most popular hiking destinations in the Parvati valley. Nearly 50 km long the trail leads to Sar Pass Top or the Biskeri Thatch camp, Upon reaching the summit, you’re greeted with a spectacular view of the grasslands, pine forest and snow covered mountains. Sar Pass is the place for you if you’re seeking tranquility and adventure.
Sar Pass Trek Highlights
- The real joy of the trek is a 200 to 300 metres slide on snow, depending on the amount of snowfall & time of visit.
- Across the path from Tila Lotni to Biskeri Ridge, one has to pass by a small yet beautiful frozen lake (which in local language is called Sar) and hence the name Sar Pass.
- The pass goes through thick pine forests, majestic mountains and lovely grasslands, perfect for photography or just to soak in the eternal beauty nature has to offer.
Things to Consider
- Trail Difficulty : Moderate Trek
- An elevation of 4,220 meters and a total distance of around 45-50 KMs.
- Temperature : 22°C (Max. During Day) to -5°C ( Min. During Night)
- Time for Sar Pass Trek: April to October
- length of the tour – 4/5 days
Things to Carry
- Woolen clothes/Jackets/wind-cheater
- Socks(2-3 pairs)
- Thermal wear(1-2 pairs)
- Trekking shoes
- Normal gloves/snow gloves
- Lunch box, water bottle, spoon
- Sunscreen lotion
- Personal medication
- Torch and batteries
- Normal bags (to carry small stuffs)
- ORS /dry fruits
- Trekkers are requested to bring their entire luggage in a rucksack only.Good trekking shoes are a must.
- Thermal inner wear for night.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Torch/ head torch is necessary.
- Separate tents for male and female.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Buying drugs or any illegal material is strictly prohibited, the participant will be detained and handed over to government authority
- Instructions from the Guide should be strictly followed.
- Always follow instructions of your trek leader and guide.
- Wear comfortable clothes while trekking.
- Bring reusable and eco-friendly products.
- Respect local culture and people.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated, as you will be profusely sweating and dehydration may lead to mountain sickness.
- Do stretching exercises before you start the trek and cool-down exercises one you finish the trek for the day.
- Help other fellow trekkers by motivating them.
- Respect local culture and gain more knowledge about the local culture.
- Be a responsible trekker and wherever you go try impacting on locals and the environment in a positive way.
- Expect the unexpected weather and be prepared for it.
- Carry your backpack, do not offload it.
- Don’t wear cotton clothes at high altitude wears synthetic materials)
- Ever go on a trek alone.
- Don’t make loud noises while trekking.
- Don’t pollute water and streams.
- Don’t wander off from the group.
- Try avoiding using earphones or loud music.
- Don’t click photographs without taking permission from local people.
- Don’t take too many breaks while trekking.
- Don’t cover your ears.
- Don’t spray on a lot of aromatics or perfume, as it attracts a lot of wild animals.
- Don’t drink or smoke while on a trek.
- Never ever tease a wild animal if you encounter any and if in turn, they get angry.
- Don’t litter wherever you feel like it causes harm to nature as well as the wild animals.
- Don’t demotivate fellow trekkers.
- Don’t eat unnecessary products.
- While on a trek, never be rude to locals because it is hard to complete a trek without their help.
- Accommodation – From day 01 to day 05, stay is provided in sharing tents separate for male and female.
- Toilet tents are pitched at every campsite.
- Bathing facilities will be available only at base camp.
- Sleeping bag and sleeping mats.
- Professional and Certified guides.
- Forest permission/camping charges.
- Meals – Veg/Jain food from day 01 breakfast to day 05 lunch
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner everyday
- Travel insurance.
- No Airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition.
- Cost incurred due to any Emergency.
- Personal Porter Charges.
- Bottled water.
- Any personal expense.
- Cost escalation due to change in itinerary by Natural reason of unforeseen conditions like Landslides, Road Blockage, Bad Weather, Social or Political Unrest, Strikes, sudden shut down of any govt office etc.
Reporting at Base camp Grahan followed up by briefing and preparation
Arrive at the Grahan Base Camp and meet our team.
This day is for acclimatization and orientation. You can go out for a serene walk and explore this quaint Himalayan town.
During the orientation session you will be given instructions about rucksack packing, marching/walking techniques and general information about the trek route by our expert guides.
Trek Grahan Village to Ming Thatch Camp (4-5 Hours)
Wake up to a hearty meal provided by our team and then we start our trek towards the north of the camping ground at Grahan Village. The slope becomes steeper and the path is confusing at some places, remember to stay with your group. Once you Cross the lush green forest After walking a little more, you will see the Ming Thatch, Nagaru, and Sar top on the mountains. We call it a day here to have our dinner followed by an overnight stay at the camps.
The cold trail crossing from Min Thatch camp to Nagaru camp (4-6 Hours)
The trek gets a bit tougher from day 4. The track is slippery, be very careful, and listen carefully to every instruction by the camp leader and trek Guide. After breakfast, we trek from Min Thach to Nagaru and pass through the woods. It is a difficult part of the trek, the slope falls steeply to the valley below and the snow may be slippery. After crossing a steep slope for a couple of hours, we’ll reach the famous Nagaru campsite. From here you can see a magnificent view of the Parvati valley, the town of Manikaran and surrounding villages are also visible. It’s advisable to not roam around unnecessarily at Nagaru as it is the highest altitude camp on this trek and it gets freezing cold here at night. After our dinner, we’ll sleep early to avoid the cold and also because the next day involves an early start. Enjoy the mesmerizing view of the cold winter overnight at Nagaru.
Snow Trail Crossing from Nagaru Camp to Biskeri Thatch camp via Sar Pass (6-8 Hours)
Rise and shine early in the morning to start your trek. On this day, we will climb up through the snow trails to a beautiful view of the dazzling peaks of Tosh Valley. We reach the top and take some time to enjoy the stunning view. Then comes one of the most fun parts of the trek, which is a 100ft long snow slide. It’s completely harmless, but still, some precautions are taken. The slide takes one as far as a kilometer to a gentler slope of the valley from where we walk for an hour and cross some magical streams to reach the Biskeri Thatch campsite by evening. Biskeri is also famous for a variety of bird species and happy bird watching. We camp overnight at the Biskeri Thatch campsite. All Meals Provided.
Biskeri Thatch Camp to Barshaini and a Drive back to Kasol base camp ( 4-5 hours)
From Biskeri, we’ll hike down across a steep plot of land with fencing all around. The path to the village of Pulga goes to the left of the campsite. The twin villages of Pulga and Tulga that sees plenty of tourists throughout the year are separated by the beautiful parvati river. From here we take a Jeep ride to our base camp at Kasol.
Your amazing trek to the Sar pass concludes here.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, operators will try their best to provide a feasible alternative. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.