Hampta Pass Trekfrom
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping
Activity Level Challenging
Hampta Pass Trek: A Symphony of Changing Landscapes
A Crossover Journey Like No Other
Hampta Pass is more than just a trek, it’s a transcendental journey, a crossover from the verdant valleys of Kullu-Manali to the austere landscapes of the Chandra Valley in Lahaul. Its unique blend of landscapes and cultures provides an unparalleled trekking experience. Traversing rocky paths, grasslands, bustling streams, and cascading waterfalls, you will find yourself immersed in nature’s grandeur. Not to mention the sighting of the beautiful crescent-shaped emerald lake ‘Chandratal’ which is a sight to behold1.
The trek unfolds in the Pir Panjal range of the Himalayas, spiraling up to an altitude of 14,100 ft. Starting from Jobra in Himachal Pradesh, you’ll traverse through pine, maple, and birch forests, across expansive meadows that serve as grazing grounds for cattle. Journeying further, you’ll cross vibrant rhododendron forests and carpets of wildflowers followed by rocky hills and shallow lakes. The climax of the journey is the Hampta Pass itself, offering a spectacular panorama of the Pir Panjal Range from the gateway of the pass. The descent is equally thrilling as you navigate steep downhill paths along rocky and narrow pathways1.
Essential Trek Information
This trek is a 4-day journey, covering approximately 26 kilometers. The adventure starts and ends at Manali, and the best seasons to undertake this journey are during the Monsoon (Jul – Aug) and Autumn (Sep – Mid Nov). The trek is of easy to moderate difficulty, making it accessible for both beginners and experienced trekkers. From woodlands to alpine meadows, barren landscapes to glistening lakes, this trek offers a multitude of terrains that constantly shift and provide a varied, exciting journey1.
The Authentic Himalayan Experience
This trek is not only about the scenic beauty but also about gaining a deep understanding of the local culture. The inhabitants of Sethan, the village you will come across, are originally migrants from Tibet and the Spiti Valley. The chance to observe their distinct culture and traditions is a unique experience. Furthermore, the surreal confluence of three passes – Hampta Pass, Rohtang Pass, and Spiti – enhances the richness of the trekking experience1.
- Location: Hampta Pass, nestled in the heart of Himachal Pradesh.
- Duration: A 5-day trek of exploration and adventure.
- Altitude: Reach the zenith of your journey at 14,100 ft.
- Difficulty: An easy to moderate trek, ideal for beginners and seasoned trekkers alike.
- Trekking Distance: Traverse 26 km of breathtaking Himalayan scenery.
- Age Suitability: Perfect for adventurers aged 10+ years.
- Physical Requirements: Participants should be able to comfortably cover 5 km in 30 minutes.
- Best Time to Visit: Monsoon (July – August) and Autumn (September – Mid-November) offer the most ideal trekking conditions.
The Cultural Encounter:
Experience the rich tapestry of cultures as you get a close encounter with the Buddhist culture and lifestyle in the remote Himalayan villages, particularly in Sethan, where the residents are originally migrants from Tibet and Spiti Valley.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable trek, here’s a suggested list of items to carry:
- Clothing: Warm clothing for the chilly nights, rainproof gear for monsoon treks, and comfortable trekking clothes for daytime.
- Footwear: High-ankle trekking shoes with good grip.
- Accessories: Sunglasses, caps/hats, and gloves.
- Essentials: Water bottle, snacks, and personal medical kit.
- Equipment: Trekking pole, tent, and sleeping bag.
- Documentation: Valid ID proof, trek permit, and medical certificate, if required.
Embark on the Hampta Pass Trek and experience the rhythm of the mountains, the symphony of nature, and the harmony of cultures. This unforgettable adventure awaits you!
Arrival at Manali - Acclimatization
- Arrive at the picturesque hill station of Manali, the base camp for our Hampta Pass Trek.
- Spend the day exploring the local markets and cafes of Manali, and prepare for the trek ahead.
- Get a good night’s sleep at our comfortable accommodations, ready to embark on your adventure with Wild Hike Adventures.
Trek from Jobra to Chika
- Begin your trek from Jobra, a scenic spot amidst the Himalayas. The journey starts with crossing a beautiful forest of pine, maple, and birches.
- Continue towards Chika, trekking through vast meadows that often serve as grazing grounds for cattle.
- Set up camp at Chika and unwind under the star-studded sky.
Trek from Chika to Balu Ka Ghera
- Start your day with a hearty breakfast before setting off on the day’s trek.
- Trek from Chika to Balu Ka Ghera, crossing vibrant rhododendron forests and carpets of wildflowers.
- Reach Balu Ka Ghera, a flat area amidst towering mountains and set up camp for the night.
Trek to Hampta Pass and Descend to Shea Goru
- Gear up for an exciting day as you trek to the pinnacle of Hampta Pass.
- Witness the beautiful panoramic view of the Pir Panjal Range from the gateway of the pass.
- Start your descent to Shea Goru, navigating through a steep downhill path along a rocky and narrow pathway.
- Camp at Shea Goru, surrounded by the serene beauty of the Himalayas.
- Wake up to a beautiful sunrise, and after breakfast, bid farewell to the Himalayas.
- The team from Wild Hike Adventures will ensure your safe travel back to Manali, marking the end of this unforgettable journey.
Please note that it’s important to have a professional guide and follow the instructions of your trekking team to ensure a safe and enjoyable trek.
- If a cancellation is made 15 days before the scheduled departure date, we will provide you with a full refund.
- If a cancellation is made within 15 days from the departure date, then we would not be able to provide you with any refund.
- You have the option of changing the dates before 20 days of departure in case a need arises.