Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping, Trekking
Activity Level Moderate
Lush green forests packed with tall primeval Pine trees and a narrow trail that seemingly splits the dense jungle into two, leading to the vast open meadows of BuniBuni Pass. Blessed with a panoramic view of the Himalayan peaks and far-reaching green meadows, Bunbuni is one of the most picturesque treks in Himachal Pradesh. Yet it also tops the charts for the few lesser-known marvels of the Magic Valley.
There are multiple trails that access the BunBuni Pass. One such trail starts from the famous village Kalga and it takes about 5-6 hours to reach the top. It’s a 8-9 km, moderate level trek that starts along the pristine Parvati river and takes you deep into the mysterious dark oak forest, further away from any sign of civilization.
This scenic trail to BunBuni is usually devoid of any tourists, allowing you to soak in peace and tranquility, while gazing at the majestic mountains making their way into the clouds. Once you reach the Pass, the dense forest gives way to a vast open meadow with a panoramic view of the valley.
During the summers, “Gaddis”(local shepherds) from the valley can be seen camping in these meadows while their sheep roam around and graze on the delicious green fields. These locals offer a glimpse into the local Pahadi culture and their harmonious way of life. The night sky is full of stars as there is no other illumination. On a clear night, the milky way can be seen from the pass, making your Camping experience an interstellar one, to be cherished for the rest of your life.
Trek with Wild Hike Adventure for a hassle-free trekking experience. Our unparalleled infrastructure and highly trained team also include Porters and Guides, who’ll be waiting for you on arrival at Kasol. Enjoy your Stay in Cozy tea houses with warm beds and nourishing authentic local food which truly is a delight on such an exhausting and isolated trail. With Wild Hike Adventure you get the option to choose if you’d like free time to do your own thing or else, you can hang out with the rest of the group and enjoy the wide range of fun activities planned for you.
- Hike along the pristine Parvati River valley.
- Go off the beaten track and trek through unspoiled areas.
- Delve into the Himachali culture and meet the locals.
- Bask in the spectacular Himalayan mountain views.
- Trek through the iconic villages of Kalga, Nagthan.
- Take a dip in the natural hot spring of Kheerganga famous for its healing properties.
- Chances of rain/Hail – Moderate rainfall can be expected.
- Although the trail is no longer blocked by any snow, there’s still enough snow on the mountains for landscapes to appear picturesque.
- Temperatures – Afternoon – 15 degrees, Nights – Around zero degrees at higher camps (april) – 5 (October)
Barshaini to Kheerganga
- Starting from Barshaini, the trek to Kheerganga is a 5-6 hour trek covering a distance of 9.6 km. The trail takes you through dense forests, small streams, and waterfalls, and the stunning views of the Parvati Valley make this trek truly mesmerizing.
- On reaching Kheerganga, you will be welcomed by the hot water spring which is famous for its therapeutic properties. Spend the night in camp.
Kheerganga to Bunbuni Pass
- Start the day early and have breakfast before beginning the trek towards Bunbuni Pass.
- The trail is a steep ascent of 4.8 km and takes around 5-6 hours to reach the pass. The trek is challenging and requires good physical fitness, but the stunning views of the mountains and the valley make it worth the effort.
- As you reach the top of the pass, you will be mesmerized by the panoramic views of the snow-capped peaks and the lush green forests.
- Set up camp for the night near the pass and enjoy a bonfire under the starry sky.
Bunbuni Pass to Barshaini and back to Bhuntar
- After breakfast, start the descent towards Barshaini, which is a 3-hour trek covering a distance of 7.46 km.
- The trail is steep and rocky, so trek carefully. The journey back to Barshaini will take you through some of the most scenic parts of the trek.
- Once you reach Barshaini, take a shared cab or a private taxi back to Bhuntar.
- As you travel back, take a moment to reflect on the beautiful experience that you had over the past few days.
Bunbuni Pass Trek
Discover the Culture and Hospitality of the Himalayas
- Immerse yourself in the rich culture and traditions of the Himalayan villages, as you interact with the friendly and welcoming locals.
- Taste the local cuisine, and savor the flavors of the mountains, such as momos, thukpa, and siddu.
- Learn about the local customs and beliefs, and gain a deeper understanding of the spirituality and mythology of the region.
- Participate in local festivals and celebrations, and witness the vibrant and colorful cultural heritage of the Himalayas
- Return home with a newfound appreciation for the diversity and richness of Indian culture.
The Bunbuni Pass Trek is a must-do trek for all adventure enthusiasts who are looking to experience the thrill of trekking in the Himalayas. This trek not only offers a challenging trekking experience but also gives you a chance to witness the natural beauty and immerse yourself in the local culture.
Apart from the breathtaking views of the mountains, the Bunbuni Pass trek also gives you a chance to immerse yourself in the local culture. The small villages along the way are home to warm and hospitable people who will welcome you with open arms.
Essential Gear for the Bunbuni Pass Trek
Prepare for the Journey
- The right trekking shoes and socks to ensure comfortable and safe hiking
- Layers of warm clothes for the unpredictable mountain weather
- Essential safety gear including headlamp, first aid kit, and rain gear
- Adequate food and water supplies to fuel your body through the strenuous hike
- Personal care items to maintain hygiene and health during the trek
- Camera equipment to capture the stunning vistas along the way
- Trekking poles: These can help reduce the impact on your joints and provide extra stability on the steep and rocky terrain.
- Portable charger: There may not always be access to electricity on the trek, so a portable charger can come in handy for keeping your devices charged.
- Maps and guidebooks: While the trail is well-marked, having a map or guidebook can provide additional context and information about the area you’re trekking through.
- Cash: While it’s possible to pay for some things with credit cards, having cash on hand can be useful for purchasing snacks or drinks from small vendors along the trail or in local villages.
- Trekking backpack: A good quality backpack with a supportive frame and comfortable straps can make all the difference in carrying all the essential gear comfortably.
- Binoculars: To get a closer look at the wildlife and scenery, binoculars can be useful for spotting rare birds or animals, as well as admiring the expansive vistas of the Parvati Valley.
By bringing along these additional items, trekkers can ensure that they are fully prepared for any challenges or opportunities that may arise on the Bunbuni Pass Trek.
Who Should Embark on the Bunbuni Pass Trek
Find Your Inner Adventurer
- Adventure seekers who crave a challenging and off-the-beaten-path trek in the Himalayas
- Trekking enthusiasts who yearn to witness the natural beauty of the Parvati Valley and its majestic snow-capped peaks
- Nature lovers who want to experience the diverse flora and fauna of the Himalayan ecosystem up close
- Culture buffs who seek to immerse themselves in the vibrant local communities and their warm hospitality
- Mental and physical endurance enthusiasts who wish to test their limits on a steep and demanding trail
- Anyone who wants to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and reconnect with nature in its purest form
It is important to note that the Bunbuni Pass Trek is a challenging journey that demands physical fitness, mental strength, and responsible trekking practices. Trekkers must respect the environment, the local culture, and the rules and regulations of the trek. With the right preparation and mindset, the Bunbuni Pass Trek is an unforgettable adventure that will leave you with lifelong memories.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, operators will try their best to provide a feasible alternative. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.