Kheerganga Trekking and Camp Stay From Barshainifrom
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Looking for a Nature Getaway?
Kheerganga trek offers a Journey to the great Himalayan snow capped peaks, through the lush green, mystical pine forest. It might just be the antidote we need for the dissatisfaction caused by our monotonous, repetitive and almost mechanical modern lifestyle.
let “Wild Hike Adventures” take you on an expedition to one of the oldest and most beloved trekking destinations in the entire valley.
The trail to Kheerganga takes you across Deep Pine forests laid with mesmerizing waterfalls, into the heart of the Parvati Valley (or as the locals call it “The valley of many mysteries”). Few famous old and remote villages along the isolated Kheerganga trail offer a glimpse into the harmonious local pahari culture or as we call it “the Pahadi way of life”. Overall this trek has some of the most stunning views the valley has to offer.
A key highlight of the trek is a natural sulphur hot water spring in the lap of the snow covered mountains. The overwhelming feeling of joy, once you take a dip in the natural hot spring, while gazing into the vast open meadows can change anyone’s perception of life.
KheerGanga Trek Highlights
- Magical Natural sulphur Hot spring famous for healing properties.
- Vast beautiful meadows
- Starry Night Sky
- Famous Rudranag Waterfall and Temple
- Remote wilderness
- Karthikey cave
Kheer Ganga Mythology
It’s believed that Lord Shiva’s elder son Karthikey meditated here after losing a race to lord Ganesha, his younger brother. It was During this time that Devi Parvati out of love for her son had a river of milk flow from the mountain, with her goddess powers. Hence, the place was named Kheer Ganga.
Lord Shiva also is believed to have meditated in the valley in the form of a Naga Sadhu for more than 3000 years.
Hike with Wild Hike Adventures
With over 5 years of experience working in the valley with local tribes and efficient logistics, our team of experts is determined and well trained to provide an authentic, hassle free hiking experience.
- Always follow instructions of your trek leader and guide.
- Wear comfortable clothes while trekking.
- Bring reusable and eco-friendly products.
- Respect local culture and people.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated, as you will be profusely sweating and dehydration may lead to mountain sickness.
- Do stretching exercises before you start the trek and cool-down exercises one you finish the trek for the day.
- Help other fellow trekkers by motivating them.
- Respect local culture and gain more knowledge about the local culture.
- Be a responsible trekker and wherever you go try impacting on locals and the environment in a positive way.
- Expect the unexpected weather and be prepared for it.
- Carry your backpack, do not offload it.
- Don’t wear cotton clothes at high altitude wears synthetic materials)
- Ever go on a trek alone.
- Don’t make loud noises while trekking.
- Don’t pollute water and streams.
- Don’t wander off from the group.
- Try avoiding using earphones or loud music.
- Don’t click photographs without taking permission from local people.
- Don’t take too many breaks while trekking.
- Don’t cover your ears.
- Don’t spray on a lot of aromatics or perfume, as it attracts a lot of wild animals.
- Don’t drink or smoke while on a trek.
- Never ever tease a wild animal if you encounter any and if in turn, they get angry.
- Don’t litter wherever you feel like it causes harm to nature as well as the wild animals.
- Don’t demotivate fellow trekkers.
- Don’t eat unnecessary products.
- While on a trek, never be rude to locals because it is hard to complete a trek without their help.
- Meeting with the Guide in Barshaini at 11 am.
- Briefing from the Guide and Start Trekking from Barshaini, Passing through the Beautiful Sceneries and Waterfalls along the way
- By the Evening Reach at Kheerganga Hike Camping site.
- Take Bath in Parvati Kund or you can choose to do the same on Next Morning
- Dinner at our camping site.
- Experience Magical Morning in Parvati Valley
- Take Bath in Parvati Kund
- You can choose to visit Kartik Gufa
- Have Tea and Breakfast
- Start Trekking Down towards Barshaini.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, operators will try their best to provide a feasible alternative. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.